China Council for the Promotion of International Trade Beijing Sub-council (CCPIT Beijing) or China Chamber of International Commerce Beijing Chamber of Commerce (CCOIC Beijing) was founded in August 1978.
The Beijing branch is a local non-governmental organisation composed of social dignitaries, enterprises and organizations of the economic and trade circles in Beijing.
Its aims are to promote Beijing's foreign trade, its utilization of foreign capital, its introduction of advanced foreign technology, and various forms of economic and technical cooperation with other countries and regions.
Business scope of CCPIT Beijing:
* To conduct investigation and research work, to provide relevant firms and organizations both at home and abroad with information and consultancy services concerning trade, economic and technological cooperation, and to recommend trade opportunities and potential cooperative partners in order to promote foreign trade, utilization of foreign funds and introduction of advanced foreign technology etc.
* To handle liaison work with foreign economic and trade circles, enterprises and their representative offices in Beijing; to invite and host foreign business delegations and personnel and organise and send economic, trade and technical delegations of Beijing abroad.
* To strengthen ties with foreign chambers of commerce and industry and other international business organizations, join in activities sponsored by them and organize conferences, to host and organize business discussions, technical seminars and displays of samples and literature of the new products of other countries.
* To develop contacts with expo organisations in other countries and regions; to help Beijing foreign economic and trade organizations and enterprises in organising exhibitions abroad or participating in international expos, and to organise or host overseas trade and technical exhibitions in Beijing and provide the relevant services.
* To handle legal affairs and provide legal consultancy on investment and technical transfer, help to settle business disputes and issue and legalise documents, including certificates of origin of Beijing exports, documents on foreign trade and shipping certificates.
* To act upon entrustment as business agent and agent for patent applications and trade mark registrations, assist in business negotiations and signing contracts and provide consultancy regarding management, accounting, and auditing etc.
* To operate Beijing International Economic and Trade Information Network and reference room, compile and publish publications such as Beijing Trade Promotion.
* To run World Trade Centre Beijing to promote technical exchanges and trade relations between members of the WTCA.
In the 15 years since it was founded, CCPIT Beijing has established business relations with more than 200 economic organisations, chambers of commerce and international fair organisers all over the world. Since 1989 it has been a subscriber of the World Trade Centre Association Network (WTCA NETWORK), which connects with 130 cities in more than 50 countries and regions. It has also organised at home and abroad, about 140 exhibitions and fairs as well as about 1000 trade talks, lectures on international market and technical seminars. *