Facilities belonging to China National Petroleum Corp (CNPC; parent of PetroChina, PTR.NYSE, 601857.SH, 0857.HK) have been attacked amid continued unrest in Libya, the Financial Times reported. CNPC said that its facilities in the country had been attacked, prompting it to evacuate its staff back to Beijing. Responding to the attacks, President Hu Jintao ordered government workers to “spare no efforts to ensure the safety of life and properties of Chinese citizens in Libya.” Beijing says 75 Chinese companies and 30,000 Chinese citizens were in Libya before the unrest began. A Chinese railway worker who had reported attacks on his work camp was evacuated along with his colleagues by Wednesday.
You must log in to post a comment.
Yes, I would like to receive emails from China Economic Review. (You can unsubscribe anytime)
Copyright © 2018 SinoMedia Group Limited All rights reserved