At least 11 people are dead, including one six year-old child, and 120 sick after consuming tainted vinegar in China’s northwestern Xinjiang Autonomous Region, state media reported. Residents in Sangzhu, a village in the northwest part of the region, consumed vinegar from two bottles which police suspect previously contained antifreeze. They began to feel sick the next morning. The event occurred during Ramadan, a religious period for Muslims, when they fast during the day and dine in large groups after sunset; police said it was this group dining tradition that explained how so many people were sickened at the same time. China’s Ministry of Health said that 45 people have died from food poisoning in the first six months of the year, mostly from food containing toxic chemicals.