Goldman Sachs Gaohua Securities chief operating officer Joe Stevens jumped ship to join Standard Chartered PLC's private-equity operations in Singapore late last month, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter. He will start as group head of principal finance for Standard Chartered on December 1, a spokeswoman for Standard Chartered told the newspaper, reporting to Vis Shankar, group head of corporate finance. Goldman Sachs owns a 33% stake in the securities firm. Gao Hua Securities, partly owned by banker Fang Fenglei and computer producer Legend Holdings, owns the other 67%. Dan Swift, another Goldman banker at the joint venture, has taken up the post of chief operating officer, according to a person familiar with the situation.
You must log in to post a comment.
Yes, I would like to receive emails from China Economic Review. (You can unsubscribe anytime)
Copyright © 2018 SinoMedia Group Limited All rights reserved