Over 10,000 residents in the outskirts of the Sichuan city of Nanchong were forced to evacuate this week when toxic liquid ammonia began leaking from a pipe at the nearby Chuanlong Chemical Company plant, South China Morning Post reported, citing local media. At least one middle-aged man passed out after inhaling the toxic gas about 100 meters from the leaking pipe at the fertilizer plant, a fireman told the Western China City Daily. The man was taken to hospital but said paper did not give details about his condition or whether others had also been poisoned by the leak.
You must log in to post a comment.
Yes, I would like to receive emails from China Economic Review. (You can unsubscribe anytime)
Copyright © 2018 SinoMedia Group Limited All rights reserved