Qinyang Power & Aluminum Group announced it would set up a JV with a Beijing-based energy company to build and operate a 140,000 ton-per-year aluminum complex in Henan province.
The Beijing company would invest RMB 2.3 billion to take a 70% stake, with Qinyang taking the remaining 30%.
The company said that the complex would include a power station and would be self-sufficient in power.
Many Chinese aluminum smelters began the year by cutting output by as much as 20% or postponing expansions in response to a shortage of the raw material alumina and of power.
Construction will begin as early as February and should be completed before the first half of 2006.
You must log in to post a comment.