Up-to-date ratings for over 200 Chinese industrial parks have been issued and made available online by China Knowledge, originator of the newly revised industrial park rating system.
The data is comprehensive, rather than limited to a particular geographical region or industry. The 253 park ratings take into account the most recent improvements in infrastructure.
According to the updated analysis, the top ten industrial parks in China are the following:
1. Tianjin Economic-Technological Development Area (TEDA), which includes Tianjin Port Export Processing Zone
2. Qingdao Economic and Technological Development Zone
3. Guangzhou Development District, which includes Guangzhou Economic and Technological Development Zone, Guangzhou High-tech Indsutrial Development Zone, Guangzhou Free Trade Zone and Guangzhou Export Processing Zone
4. Shanghai Zhangjiang High-tech Park
5. China-Singapore Suzhou Industrial Park, which includes Suzhou Industrial Park Export Processing Zone
6. Suzhou New District, which includes Suzhou New District Export Processing Zone
7. Shanghai Jinqiao Export Processing Zone
8. Kunshan Economical and Technological Development Zone
9. Dalian Economic and Technological Development Zone
10. Zhongguancun Science Park
China Business News reports separate sets of weighted factors allow for obvious differences between research enterprises and manufacturing ones.
The rating system, along with the first set of ratings, was originally released in 2003 in book form to guide foreign investors lacking detailed knowledge of potential locations for expansion.