Our links for Mar 13 2007:
- FAW expects to sell one million cars in 2007 – 400k with VW, 270k with Toyota, and 200k through its own subsidiary, Xia Li. FAW gets around.
- People’s Daily Online — Chinese lawmakers slash “poem scandal” as humiliation of justice – “It is a crud infringement on the freedom of speech and humiliates our move to build a harmonious society and a society governed by law,” Chen Zhonglin, dean of Southwest University of Political Science and Law, said Sunday.
- No more “stupid guys” at Beijing’s Silk Market – On the list of phrases not to say to customers: “Shit!” and “Stupid guys!”
- Xinhua – Transcript of property law speech at the NPC – NPC Standing Committee vice chairman Wang Zhaoguo’s speech
- China issues RMB1 CN domain name – That’s still more expensive than a rou bao.
- EBay’s China efforts suffer another setback – MarketWatch – Tom Online goes private; EBay’s China woes deepen.
- Google races Baidu to build China’s online library – ZDNet UK – How will the controversial book-search initiative play out in China?